Sunday, June 26, 2011

Please help.

In high school, I was an active member of the Superdance committee my junior and senior years. Superdance was a big freaking deal at my high school and was actually my first experience in fundraising. You could say it was a precursor to VISTA.

However, that's not what this is about. While working on Superdance, I got to know one of the awesome English teachers I never had the direct privilege of being taught by in the classroom. Tom Duesterhaus's English class was the one people got livid if they didn't get into it (myself included), and rubbed it in your face if they got in (high school friends included). Mr. D had such a way with awkward high schoolers, making us know that we could actually accomplish something substantial, and he did it in such a supportive way. He genuinely believed in us, and he even played the guitar! Mr. D, in a word, was awesome.

Last week, Mr. D went missing. So this is my sad attempt to do what I can to continue to spread the word. Please, please PLEASE read over the information, join the group, spread the word. He is an amazing man and we all just want to make sure he's safe.Here is the link to a facebook page over 1,600 strong.
Here are a few articles covering what they've learned thus far:
ViennaPatch
Virginia Pilot
Arlington Catholic Herald
ABC 7

No comments:

Post a Comment